In the aftermath of yesterday’s severe storm, residents and businesses in the Austin and unincorporated Travis County areas are assessing and reporting damage. Below are some helpful resources:
- Residents who find damage to their home can contact the Red Cross for assistance at 1-800- REDCROSS or 1-833-583-3115.
- Families and individuals affected by the storms can call the Austin Disaster Relief Network Disaster Survivor Hotline at 512-806-0800 for assistance.
- The Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) encourages all Texans to report damage through the Individual State of Texas Assessment Tool (iSTAT) Damage Survey tool. The survey can be filled out in English or Spanish.
- Austin/Travis County residents who need assistance with storm debris can call 311 or 512-974-2000 and can also drop off brush at the Hornsby Bend Biosolids Management Plant.
- Austin Resource Recovery curbside collection service resumes today. Due to the severe weather, Austin Resource Recovery suspended service yesterday to ensure the safety of our operators. Customers whose Monday collection was missed can expect collection Tuesday, March 22. Please be patient as operators navigate debris on roads, overturned carts, etc.
- To report downed trees, Austin/Travis County residents can call 3-1-1 or 512-974-2000
In addition to assessing damage in our area, the City of Austin and Travis County have partnered with neighboring communities to offer resources to those who were hit hardest by the storms.
“We have been coordinating very closely with our counterparts to ensure that we’re able to respond effectively to this situation”, said Austin City Manager Spencer Cronk. “I was in communication with the City Manager of Round Rock this morning offering support to ensure that they have the resources needed to assess damages and take care of their residents. This has been all hands on deck and we are fortunate that we have not sustained worse damage or fatalities that could have happened as a result of the storm.”
Assistance is being provided to the City of Round Rock by the following means:
- Austin/Travis County Emergency Medical Services provided rapid assessment assistance and units to support operations
- Austin Fire Department is assisting with structural collapse teams and helped staff fire stations
- Austin Transportation Department is providing assistance with getting traffic signals back online
The City of Austin Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management and the Travis County Office of Emergency Management are prepared to offer additional assistance if needed.