A fresh bout of bad weather expected overnight Tuesday and early Wednesday morning could further destabilize compromised trees and power lines, risking additional power outages and complicating restoration efforts, the City of Austin is warning today.
Residents are urged to:
As of Monday evening, 97 percent of Austin Energy customers had power. Since the beginning of this storm Austin Energy has completed over 340,000 restorations.
Austin Transportation Department (ATD)
ATD crews have been working 24 hours a day across the city this week, visiting all 491 signals that had lost communication with the Mobility Management Center (MMC) (roughly half of the 1,100 signals operated by the City) and resetting dark signals. Staff have reset more than 200 signals total, about 66% of which needed a technician in the field. The other 34% have been reset remotely due to more advanced technology previously installed. Crews also responded to fix three signals that were knocked down in the roadway.
Storm Debris Management in the Right of Way
Development Services Department