Through the end of May, the City of Austin is asking residents to help City leaders in setting spending priorities for the City's FY 2021-22 Budget.
The Budget Office has set up a 2021-2022 Budget Engagement website
so Austinites can learn about the fiscal needs and opportunities facing the City, and have their voices heard. The website includes a brief explanatory video in English
about the budgeting process, and links to a short online survey
so residents can have their say in setting spending priorities.
Public input from residents and families on budget priorities is invaluable to ensuring equity in the budgeting process and to funding projects and services that impact our lives at work, play, and learning.
"Community engagement is especially important after our community confronted unprecedented fiscal challenges in the past year. Involving our residents in the budgeting process helps to ensure an inclusive and effective budget," said a City spokesperson. Dates for Public Comment Events and Public Hearings before Mayor and City Council
- July 9 City Manager's Proposed Budget Presentation to Mayor and City Council
- July 22 First Community Budget Input Meeting
- July 29 Second Community Budget Input Meeting
- August 3 Mayor and City Council Budget Work Session
- August 11-13 Budget and Tax Rate Adoption by Mayor and City Council