Austin Municipal Court has resumed all in-person services at its new main location at the Bergstrom Tech Center at 6800 Burleson Road, Building, 310, Suite 175
. View http://bit.ly/municourt
for court entrance and parking.
After 14 months of operating remotely and with limited in-person services due to COVID-19, Municipal Court is now open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, with extended hours on Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
All court appearance requirements, payment plan due dates, deferrals and community service deadlines are now due. As the court resets cases, people will be notified via U.S. Mail about their new court date.
The court resumed its full slate of services on Monday, May 17, which includes:
How to Resolve Your Case
- Scheduled docket appearances
- Civil parking violation hearings
- Juvenile hearings
Individuals are urged to contact the court to resolve citations and all other case matters.
To arrange a virtual hearing, visit austintexas.gov/court or by call 512-974-4800.
- Judges are holding walk-in (no appointments required) docket hours from8:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday. People who appear voluntarily will not be arrested.
- Many options are available that do not require a personal appearance. Contact the court to discuss what options are available including payment plans, community service and whether you qualify for a waiver.
- If you are unsure about the status of your case contact the court by calling 512-974-4800, or access the website austintexas.gov/court to request an online hearing for traffic, criminal, juvenile or parking violations. You may also email the court at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can arrange to speak to a prosecutor by emailing email@example.com.
The Austin Municipal Court North Substation (12425 Lamplight Village) remains closed, with plans to resume operations in June. The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request.
For information about the Downtown Austin Community Court, visit Community Court | AustinTexas.gov