|City of Austin administrative offices and other municipal facilities will be closed today Monday, Sept. 6, in observance of Labor Day. Business hours will resume Tuesday, Sept. 7.|
Closures include City Council offices, all recreation and senior centers, cultural centers, museums and libraries. All Economic Development Department facilities will be closed on Labor Day, including the African American Cultural and Heritage Facility. Utility Payment Centers will be closed. Customers can make payments at COAUtilities.com or pay in a variety of other ways: https://coautilities.com/wps/wcm/connect/occ/coa/util/support/payment/payment-overview.
Trash, recycling, and composting collections for Austin Resource Recovery residential collection customers will remain on regular schedule. The Recycle & Reuse Drop-off Center remains open by appointment only. Schedule an appointment at austintexas.gov/dropoff or on the Austin Recycles App. For the most up-to-date information on all your ARR collections, download the Austin Recycles App on your Apple or Android device or visit austintexas.gov/myschedule to sign up for collection reminders and alerts.
The Austin Animal Center will be closed, resuming regular hours on Tuesday, Sept. 7.
The Austin Code Department field enforcement team will continue responding to Austin 3-1-1 service requests and performing inspections, but administrative offices are closed.
Austin Water's administration offices will be closed, but the 24-Hour Emergency Dispatch Line (512-972-1000) is available.
Parks and Recreation Facilities Closed:
- Museums and Cultural Programs facilities
- Community Recreation Centers
- Senior Centers
- Centralized Programs
- The Aquatic Office
- The Cemetery Administrative Office will be closed beginning Friday, Sept. 3, 2021 at 4 p.m., and will re-open Tuesday, Sept. 7, 2021 at 7 a.m.
Parks and Recreation Facilities Open:
- Golf courses
- Cemeteries- All burial services will continue. Cemetery grounds will remain open, per their normal gate access hours.
- All five year-round pools will be open (Bartholomew, Barton Springs Pool, Big Stacy, Deep Eddy, and Springwoods). Additionally the following regional aquatic facilities will be open: Garrison, Mable Davis and Walnut Creek. All other pools are closed. All splash pads that are operational will be open.
- Austin Nature & Science Center (ANSC) - ANSC will not be taking reservations.
- Zilker Botanical Garden
For questions about city services or information call 3-1-1 or 512-974-2000. You can also submit service requests from the Austin 3-1-1 mobile app.