The Equitable Transit-Oriented Development strategy helps shape inclusive and accessible communities. These communities integrate residential, business, and public spaces within walking distance of transit stations. Take a survey to share your feedback on six priorities for the Equitable Transit-Oriented Development strategy.
Create a More Sustainable Workplace
Eighty-five percent of Austin’s landfill waste comes from businesses and multifamily communities. Most of that waste is reusable, recyclable, or compostable. Help lead Austin toward a more sustainable future and inspire change at your job or in your multifamily community. Find more ways to create a sustainable workplace:
- Start a Green Team: Encourage employees to participate and empower them to reduce waste and recycle better.
- Reduce paper use: Take steps toward a paperless policy when possible. Provide email receipts or change processes to reduce printing.
- Review purchases and processes to reduce waste: Find vendors that offer take-back programs for materials and provide single-use items.
- Collect batteries and electronics: Austin and Travis County residents can schedule an appointment to drop off these items for free at Austin’s Recycle and Reuse Drop-off Center.
- Buy durable and repair broken items: Access Austin Energy's rebates and incentives to help make smart energy choices and save money.